Friday 28 May 2010

Catching up with the News

The last blog entry was in Feb and it is now nearly the end of May so there is a lot to report on the Dellow front. Apologies to any readers who gave up!

The dissapointing run of results continued on the March Hare which we nevertheless enjoyed in chilly sunshine but improved no end when we managed a Bronze award on the somewhat damp Land's End. Like nearly everyone else we failed Rodney's Revenge but had no problems with Cutliffe Lane, Hoskyn, Crackington or Bluehills One. Fails on Warleggan were annoying and I am sure there was something soft at the top of Bluehills 2 that we sank into to just fail.

We then had a break before Wiscombe Park Hill Climb on Sat 8th May that Jeremy Slatter and I entered. I was a little nervous, it being my first speed event, all togged up in brand new helmet, race suit and gloves. My times improved with each run and I managed to beat the Frogeye Sprite as well as Jeremy in my class. Clearly MTT is not a serious speed event car but it was helpful to use for a first event. It would also be helpful to have a gearbox that changed down easily from 3 to 2 at the two hairpins and a clutch that didn't slip on hill climbs only, not trials sections! We had a super day and will be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment