Thursday 7 January 2010

Big Brakes Upgrade & Exeter Cancellation

Before our trip away I had fitted the 9" RS 2000 rear brakes and the Transit diff which on test was noisy. I replaced the original (quiet) 105E diff and then moved the lever dampers back on the chassis allowing clearance for the handbrake cables into the new larger backplates. I had mentally allowed time to complete the work yesterday to leave sufficient time to test before packing up for the Exeter Trial this weekend. I decided not to test the Dellow in heavy snow in freezing conditions and it is foolish to do an event without testing especially after mods.
The weather has been extremely cold but I found that with overalls and suitable gardening gloves I could stay comfortable evn on the garage floor.
With the dire weather there was always a chance the Exeter would be cancelled and this turned out to be the case as of 10am today.
Our next event will be The Clee Hills Trial in two weeks time so lets hope the weather relents in time. Lat time we entered the event was cancelled at the start because marshals could not reach their sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment